Monmouth, NJ cruises past St. Francis, Pa. 69-40Jan 22, 2010 - 4:01 AM WEST LONG BRANCH, N.J.(AP) -- Will Campbell scored 12 points and Monmouth (N.J.) opened the second half with a strong run to rout St. Francis (Pa.) 69-40 on Thursday night.
Justin Sofman had 10 points off the bench for the Hawks (9-10, 5-2 Northeast Conference), who held St. Francis to 26.7 percent shooting (12-for-45) from the floor. The Red Flash's (5-13, 3-4) 40 points were the second-lowest output of the season.
Monmouth, who had nine different players score at least five points, shot 45.1 percent from the field (23-for-51). The Hawks also won the points on fast break with a 25-4 edge.
Monmouth went into halftime with a 32-25 lead, but opened the second half with a 24-6 spurt. The Hawks pulled ahead by 25 on a 3-pointer by Mike Myers Keitt, who finished with seven points and five assists.
Devin Sweetney led St. Francis with 14 points on 4 of 15 shooting and a game-high eight rebounds.
- Monmouth basketball coach King Rice has new 5-year contract Feb 26
- Born with broken ankle, Monmouth guard beating doubters Feb 18
- GIF away, Monmouth! NCAA not stopping bench celebrations Dec 9
- Surprising Monmouth basketball winning and having fun Dec 3
- Texas breezes past St. Francis Nov 26
- Longhorns put perfect mark on line versus Red Flash Nov 25
- Syracuse destroys Monmouth Dec 8
- Hawks face tall task in clash with fourth-ranked Orange Dec 8
- No. 20 Notre Dame dominates Monmouth Nov 12
- Monmouth seeks upset of Notre Dame Nov 12
- St. Francis (PA) names Krimmel head men's basketball coach Apr 19
- Tar Heels breeze past Monmouth for seventh straight win Jan 1