Troy defeats Western Kentucky 77-69Jan 22, 2010 - 3:44 AM TROY, Ala.(AP) -- Brandon Hazzard scored 18 points to lead five Troy players in double figures as the Trojans defeated Western Kentucky 77-69 on Thursday night.
Yamene Coleman and Richard Delk added 14 points each as Troy (10-9, 5-3 Sun Belt Conference) shot 64 percent from the field (16-for-25) in the second half.
The Trojans broke away after the score was tied at 53 with 8:05 remaining.
Delk's 3-pointer capped an 8-0 run for a 65-57 lead with 5:47 left, but Steffphon Pettigrew's layup cut the lead to 65-61 with 3:55 to play.
Troy then scored the next six points to put the game out of reach at 71-61 on Hazzard's layup with 2:13 remaining.
Michael Vogler added 13 points and eight assists and Levan Patsatsia had 10 for Troy.
AJ Slaughter scored 20, Pettigrew added 14 and Caden Dickerson scored 13 for the Hilltoppers (11-7, 4-3), which led by nine points in the first half.
- Troy names Cunningham new men's basketball coach Mar 26
- No. 17 Mississippi State routs Troy Dec 10
- Trojans hit road seeking upset of 17th-ranked Bulldogs Dec 10
- White scores 27 as Ole Miss tops Troy 84-65 in NIT Mar 17
- North Texas 66, Troy 63 Mar 9
- North Texas edges Troy 66-63 for Sun Belt bid Mar 9
- Troy recovers to defeat Western Kentucky 54-48 Mar 8
- Western Kentucky rallies late for 65-64 victory Mar 7
- Troy beats S. Alabama 67-55 in Sun Belt quarters Mar 7
- Western Kentucky rolls 83-58 in Sun Belt tourney Mar 6
- Troy finishes with 64-57 win over Arkansas State Feb 27
- Western Kentucky beats FIU 88-61 Feb 27