Southeast Missouri downs Tennessee-Martin 77-63Jan 22, 2010 - 4:22 AM CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo.(AP) -- Anthony Allison scored 18 points and LaMont Russell posted a double-double to lead Southeast Missouri to a 77-63 victory over Tennessee-Martin on Thursday night.
Sam Pearson and Marland Smith scored 14 points apiece for the Redhawks (6-12, 3-5 Ohio Valley), who broke a three-game skid in league play. Johnny Hill added 11. Russell had 10 points and 13 rebounds.
Reuben Clayton scored a game-high 19 points for the Skyhawks (2-15, 0-8). Marquis Weddle added 15 and Benzor Simmons 12. Weddle now has 1,119 points in 72 games and moved into a tie for seventh on the school's career scoring list.
Southeast Missouri held a big shooting advantage, hitting 50 percent (25 of 50) to Tennessee-Martin's 38.3 (18 of 47).
Southeast Missouri led 37-28 at the break and was never threatened. The lead crested at 77-60 in the final minute on Hill's layup.
- Bulldogs seek to ground Skyhawks Dec 22
- Tennesse-Martin tabs Schroyer as new hoops coach Mar 21
- Tennesse-Martin hoops coach James won't return Mar 3
- Goodwin, Memphis stomp SEMO Dec 21
- Southeast Missouri hits road to challenge No. 15 Memphis Dec 21
- No. 12 Mizzou snaps to attention, beats SE Missouri State Dec 5
- Tigers set to pounce on Redhawks Dec 4
- Wright, Cincinnati down UT-Martin Nov 11
- Bearcats battle Skyhawks to begin 2012-13 campaign Nov 11
- Kansas downs Southeast Missouri State Nov 9
- SEMO seeks season-opening upset of No. 7 Kansas Nov 9
- Murray State takes care of Redhawks Feb 16