Florida pulls away for 71-66 win over ArkansasJan 22, 2010 - 4:13 AM By NOAH TRISTER Ap Sports Writer
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark.(AP) -- Erving Walker scored 27 points, and Florida went on a 9-0 run late in the second half to pull away for a 71-66 win over Arkansas on Thursday night.
Rotnei Clarke scored 17 points for Arkansas (8-10, 1-2 Southeastern Conference) and made three 3-pointers during the second half. The last one put the Razorbacks ahead 56-55 before the decisive run by the Gators (13-5, 2-2).
Florida shot only 36 percent from the field but hurt Arkansas on the boards. The Gators had 12 second-chance points, all in the second half.
Kenny Boynton added 13 points for the Gators, and Alex Tyus scored 11 with 12 rebounds.
Marshawn Powell scored 14 points for Arkansas.
- NCAA BB
ARKANSAS 66 FINAL
Jan 21 11:05 PM
- NCAA BB
HALFTIME 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
FLORIDA 28 28
ARKANSAS 26 26 HALFTIME
HIGH SCORERS AT HALFTIME
FLORIDA - ERVING WALKER 15, KENNY BOYNTON 4, FOUR
PLAYERS WITH 2
ARKANSAS - MARSHAWN POWELL 8, GLENN BRYANT 6,
ROTNEI CLARKE 6
Jan 21 9:48 PM
- Virginia Tech guard Jalen Hudson transfers to Florida May 16
- Kingsley withdraws name from NBA draft, returns to Arkansas May 9
- Florida guard Francis-Ramirez transferring after 2 seasons May 4
- Florida's Devin Robinson out 4-6 months after foot surgery Apr 21
- Arkansas' Kingsley enters NBA draft, won't hire agent Apr 12
- Whitt transferring from Arkansas after freshman season Mar 30
- Florida guard Walker plans to transfer after graduation Mar 28
- Anderson has NCAA tourney in sights next season for Arkansas Mar 22
- Florida's Egbunu to have season-ending thumb surgery Mar 15
- Florida's Egbunu uncertain to play against UNF in NIT Mar 14
- Florida C Egbunu tears thumb ligament before SEC Tournament Mar 9
- Florida trying to rebuild NCAA resume at SEC Tournament Mar 7