Pacific tops Cal State-Fullerton 80-73Jan 22, 2010 - 5:35 AM STOCKTON, Calif.(AP) -- Demetrece Young scored a career-high 22 points to lead Pacific to an 80-73 victory over Cal State-Fullerton in a Big West Conference game Thursday night.
Young was 6-for-7 from beyond the 3-point arc, including back-to-back 3s with four minutes to play that gave the Tigers the lead for good.
Pat Eveland came off the bench to score 16 points for Pacific (11-6, 4-1), which remained alone atop the Big West. Michael Nunnally had 14 points and seven rebounds and Terrell Smith scored 10 points for the Tigers, who played the second half without defensive stalwart Joe Ford, who suffered a leg injury.
Aaron Thompson and Orane Chin each scored 16 points to lead Fullerton (8-9, 3-3). Jer'Vaughn Johnson had 13 points, Jacques Streeter scored 10 and Gerard Anderson had 11 points and eight rebounds for the Titans.
- NCAA BB
CS FULLERTON 73
PACIFIC 80 FINAL
Jan 21 11:50 PM
- NCAA BB
CS FULLERTON 29
PACIFIC 40 HALFTIME
Jan 21 10:49 PM
- Pacific hires Damon Stoudamire as new basketball coach Mar 16
- Suspended Pacific coach Ron Verlin leaves school Mar 3
- Coggins' 19 leads CS Fullerton past CS East Bay, 75-52 Jan 3
- Wiltjer's career-high 45 points guides Gonzaga past Pacific Feb 20
- No. 3 Gonzaga sets sights on WCC crown Feb 19
- Gonzaga routs Pacific Jan 24
- Tigers face uphill climb in clash with third-ranked Zags Jan 24
- Coggins transfers from Air Force to Cal State Fullerton Jul 30
- No. 24 Gonzaga handles Pacific Jan 5
- Pacific comes calling on No. 24 Gonzaga Jan 4
- Oregon tops Pacific Nov 29
- Oregon hosts Pacific in Global Sports Challenge Nov 29