Wise paces UC Irvine past Long Beach State 71-60Jan 22, 2010 - 6:26 AM IRVINE, Calif.(AP) -- Eric Wise had 20 points and a game-high six assists to lead UC Irvine to a 71-60 victory over Long Beach State on Thursday night.
Adam Folker added 14 points for the Anteaters (9-10, 3-4 Big West), while Michael Hunter and Darren Moore scored 10 points apiece. Moore led UC Irvine with nine rebounds.
Larry Anderson scored 20 points, including 8-for-8 from the foul line, for the 49ers (8-11, 2-4). Eugene Phelps had a double-double with 14 points and 10 rebounds, and T.J. Robinson added 10 points.
The Anteaters enjoyed a decided shooting advantage, hitting 27 of 64 (42.2 percent) to 20 of 63 (31.7 percent) for Long Beach State. UC Irvine held a slight edge on the boards 43-41.
The result reversed the outcome of the teams' meeting two weeks ago, a 55-53 Long Beach State victory.
- Louisville edges UC Irvine, avoids upset Mar 20
- Anteaters hope to sniff out victory against seasoned Cardinals Mar 20
- UC Irvine tops Hawaii to win Big West Mar 15
- Hawaii and Anteaters battle for Big West title Mar 14
- Louisville handles Long Beach to get back on track Dec 30
- Cardinals seek redemption in clash with 49ers Dec 30
- No. 17 St. John's routs Long Beach State Dec 23
- 49ers hoping to calm Red Storm Dec 22
- Texas holds off Long Beach State Dec 21
- Long Beach State faces uphill climb in tussle with Texas Dec 20
- San Diego State edges Long Beach State Dec 11
- Aztecs to try and continue dominance over Golden State foes Dec 10