Canisius eases past Rider 74-58Jan 23, 2010 - 2:33 AM BUFFALO, N.Y.(AP) -- Frank Turner scored 21 points and Julius Coles added 20 more, leading Canisius to a 74-58 win over Rider on Friday night.
Elton Frazier added 11 points for the Golden Griffins (10-10, 5-4 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference), who have surpassed their conference win total from last season.
Turner and Frazier were both perfect from the free throw line, as Turner went 7-for-7 and Frazier finished 3-for-3. The Golden Griffins were 15-for-17 from the stripe in the contest (88.2 percent).
The Broncs finished just 10-for-18 from the foul line (55.6 percent).
The Golden Griffins led 39-38 at halftime, but opened the second on a 6-0 run sparked by a pair of free throws apiece from Coles and Frazier and they never looked back.
Justin Robinson scored 19 points for the Broncs (10-11, 3-6), who have lost back to back games to Canisius after a 12-game win streak in the series.
- Canisius coach Baron retires after 29-year career May 20
- Correction: T25-Rider-Maryland story Nov 23
- No. 20 Michigan State trounces Rider Nov 28
- Orlando Classic action pits Spartans against Broncs Nov 27
- No. 11 Kansas easily gets past Rider Nov 25
- Rider faces tall task in clash with Kansas Nov 24
- Villanova crushes Rider, moves to 11-0 Dec 21
- Villanova continues run against Rider Dec 21
- Bennett lifts UNLV over Canisius Dec 23
- Canisius heads to Sin City to take on No. 21 UNLV Dec 22
- No. 4 Syracuse routs Canisius Dec 15
- Fourth-ranked Syracuse hosts Canisius in Gotham Classic Dec 15