College of Charleston beats Wofford 70-68Jan 23, 2010 - 3:34 AM CHARLESTON, S.C.(AP) -- Willis Hall scored 16 points, leading four College of Charleston players in double-figure scoring as the Cougars beat Wofford 70-68 on Friday night.
Donavan Monroe added 15 points, Tony White Jr. had 12 and Andrew Goudelock chipped in with 10 for the Cougars (13-6, 8-0 Southern Conference).
Charleston's 8-0 conference mark is the Cougars' best start in SoCon play since opening 16-0 in the 1998-99 season.
Monroe and White sank five free throws apiece, helping the Cougars finish 14-for-16 from the foul line (87.5 percent). The Terriers shot just 13-for-22 from the charity stripe (59.1 percent).
Charleston led by six points at halftime and hung on despite being outscored by Wofford 37-33 in the second half.
Noah Dahlman scored 23 points to lead the Terriers (13-8, 5-3). Tim Johnson tallied a double-double, scoring 17 points and grabbing 13 boards.
- NCAA BB
COLL OF CHARLTN 70 FINAL
Jan 22 9:01 PM
- NCAA BB
COLL OF CHARLTN 36 HALFTIME
Jan 22 7:46 PM
- Wofford wallops ETSU 87-73 as Collins scores 24 Jan 28
- Qualls, Arkansas edge Wofford Mar 20
- West Regional action pits Razorbacks against Terriers Mar 19
- Dancing again: Wofford clinches bid Mar 9
- Furman battles Wofford in SoCon championship game Mar 9
- Duke makes short work of Wofford in ACC tune-up Jan 1
- Second-ranked Blue Devils take on Terriers Dec 31
- Staten, WVU crush Wofford Dec 23
- Terriers set for test with Mountaineers Dec 22
- West Virginia routs College of Charleston Nov 30
- Cougars hit road to challenge 21st-ranked Mountaineers Nov 29
- No. 17 UConn fends off Charleston Nov 20