Kennesaw State holds off Florida Gulf Coast 69-68Jan 23, 2010 - 2:44 AM FORT MYERS, Fla.(AP) -- Markeith Cummings scored 30 points and Kennesaw State held off Florida Gulf Coast 69-68 on Friday night to end a five-game conference skid.
The Owls (7-12, 2-6 Atlantic Sun Conference) squandered a 64-44 lead with 10:34 left, trailing briefly at 68-67 with 1:17 remaining after a 24-3 Eagles run.
Following Kurtis Woods' two free throws to regain the lead, Kennesaw State missed two foul shots. That didn't matter, as the Eagles (5-13, 2-7) missed a layup and had two turnovers and two fouls in the last 41 seconds.
Cummings also had a career-high eight turnovers as the Owls committed a season-high 24. Woods added 15 points for Kennesaw State, which shot 63 percent (17-for-27) in the first half to take a 44-32 lead at the break.
The Owls shot 12-for-22 from long range for the game.
Anthony Banks led Florida Gulf Coast with 18 points and Reggie Chambers had 16.
- NCAA BB
KENNESAW ST 69
FLA GULF COAST 68 FINAL
Jan 22 9:05 PM
- NCAA BB
KENNESAW ST 44
FLA GULF COAST 32 HALFTIME
Jan 22 7:53 PM
- FGCU hoops coach Dooley gets 2-year extension through 2020 May 7
- Tar Heels aim to stay on defensive vs. Eagles in NCAAs Mar 16
- Ray, Kennesaw State pull away for 69-59 win over Thomas (Ga) Dec 7
- Arizona State rolls over Kennesaw State 91-53 Nov 18
- Kennesaw State names Al Skinner men's hoops coach Apr 26
- Kennesaw State fires hoops coach Lallathin Mar 23
- No. 15 Butler cruises past Kennesaw State Dec 9
- Kennesaw State hits road seeking upset of Butler Dec 8
- Syracuse handles Kennesaw State in opener Nov 15
- 23rd-ranked Orange eye up Owls in season opener Nov 14
- Kennesaw State, Preston announce mutual separation Mar 19
- Mercer takes out Florida Gulf Coast for Atlantic Sun crown Mar 9