Session leads Weber State by Portland State 86-83Jan 23, 2010 - 4:11 AM OGDEN, Utah(AP) -- Franklin Session scored a career-high 24 points and was one of four Weber State players in double digits as the Wildcats defeated Portland State 86-83 on Friday night.
Damian Lillard scored 15 for the Wildcats (12-7, 6-1 Big Sky), who made 8 of 10 free throws in final 55 seconds to hold on for the win. Lindsey Hughey had 13 points and Steve Panos 10.
Weber State's free throws came after Melvin Jones' 3-pointer ended a 6-0 run for the Vikings (8-11, 3-4) and pulled them within 78-76. Jones' layup with 15 seconds left cut Weber State's lead to 84-83.
After two free throws by Hughey, the Vikings had two chances to tie the game. But Dominic Waters and Jones each missed 3-point attempts, with Jones' shot coming at the buzzer.
Waters had 21 points for the Vikings. Phil Nelson and Julius Thomas each had 15.
- Xavier pulls away from Weber State late for 71-53 win Mar 18
- Xavier opens tourney vs Weber St, hoping for deep run Mar 17
- No. 19 Oklahoma blows past Weber State Dec 22
- Oklahoma hoping to bounce back in bout with Weber State Dec 22
- Gordon helps Arizona get past Weber State Mar 21
- Weber State faces tall task in clash with No. 1 seed Arizona Mar 21
- Tresnak guides Weber State past North Dakota for Big Sky title Mar 16
- North Dakota takes on Weber State in Big Sky title game Mar 15
- Wildcats, Pirates play for CIT crown Apr 2
- Montana repeats as Big Sky champions Mar 17
- Weber State takes on Montana in Big Sky title game Mar 16
- Oklahoma State handles Portland State Nov 25