Northern Colorado dominates Sacramento State 79-65Jan 23, 2010 - 4:19 AM GREELEY, Colo.(AP) -- Devon Beitzel had four 3-pointers and 16 points as Northern Colorado dealt Sacramento State its 25th consecutive conference road loss in a 79-65 decision Friday night.
Will Figures added 13 points with two 3-pointers for the Bears (17-4, 6-2 Big Sky). The Bears were 11 of 25 on 3-pointers and are off to their best start since opening 17-2 in 1967.
Northern Colorado is 8-0 at home and has won 12 consecutive home games, two short of the school record.
Justin Eller and Domineek Daniel scored 14 each for Sacramento State (7-13, 1-6). The Hornets last had a conference road win when they beat Northern Colorado 74-70 on Dec. 30, 2006.
- NCAA BB
SACRAMENTO ST 65
NORTHERN COLO 79 FINAL
Jan 22 11:00 PM
- NCAA BB
SACRAMENTO ST 31
NORTHERN COLO 34 HALFTIME
Jan 22 9:50 PM
- Boise State assistant named head coach at Northern Colorado May 1
- Northern Colorado fires men's basketball coach B.J. Hill Apr 21
- Gonzaga pounds Sacramento State Nov 15
- Bulldogs get underway in showdown with Hornets Nov 14
- Adams leads the way again as UCLA rolls Nov 19
- Hornets hoping to sting Bruins Nov 18
- Wichita State routs Northern Colorado Dec 9
- 24th-ranked Shockers play host to struggling Bears Dec 8
- Marquette, minus Johnson-Odom, routs Northern Colorado Dec 17
- Bears try to clip wings of 11th-ranked Golden Eagles Dec 17
- Aztecs begin tourney with rout of Northern Colorado Mar 17
- Northern Colorado wins Big Sky to reach first NCAA tourney Mar 9