Cornell tops Columbia 77-51 for fourth win in rowJan 24, 2010 - 2:41 AM NEW YORK(AP) -- Louis Dale scored 16 points and Cornell beat Columbia 77-51 on Saturday night.
Geoff Reeves scored 13 points off the bench and Ryan Wittman added 11 for the Big Red (16-3, 2-0 Ivy League), who has won four games in a row and 14 of their past 15. Cornell won its ninth straight against Columbia, which it beat 74-53 on Jan. 16.
Cornell, which is 11-2 on the road this season, never trailed and built a 37-23 halftime lead. The Big Red led by 27 points with 11:37 to go in the game.
Cornell shot 47.4 percent from the field (27-for-57), including 42.1 percent (8-for-19) from 3-point range. Columbia (6-10, 0-2) made only 23.2 percent (13-for-56) from the field and 26.7 percent (4-for-15) from 3-point range.
The Big Red dominated in the paint, outscoring Columbia 30-12 inside.
Niko Scott scored 11 points for the Lions, who have lost four games in a row and six of their past eight.
- Brian Earl hired as Cornell men's basketball coach Apr 18
- Columbia hires Jim Engles as new basketball coach Apr 5
- Lo's 8 3s lead Columbia to 78-71 win over Robert Morris Dec 14
- Stifling D lifts Cornell over Penn State-Harrisburg, 76-47 Nov 23
- No. 1 Kentucky rallies to beat Columbia Dec 10
- No. 1 Kentucky plays host to Columbia Dec 10
- Louisville wins again, chews up Cornell Nov 16
- No. 2 Michigan State holds off Columbia Nov 15
- Lions hit road seeking upset of second-ranked Spartans Nov 15
- No. 3 Louisville sets sights on Cornell Nov 15
- Syracuse starts year off right by rallying past Cornell Nov 8
- Eighth-ranked Orange open with Big Red Nov 8