Md-Eastern Shore beats Coppin St 70-62Jan 24, 2010 - 1:14 AM BALTIMORE(AP) -- Tim Burns scored 20 points and Neal Pitt recorded a double-double, leading Maryland-Eastern Shore to a 70-62 win over Coppin State on Saturday.
Pitt scored 17 points and grabbed 10 rebounds for the Hawks (5-13, 3-2 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference), and Hillary Haley added 13 points. The Hawks have won two of three games since dropping seven in a row.
Burns, Josh Bright and Mark Robertson knocked down two 3-pointers apiece for the Hawks, who finished 8-for-19 from long range (42.1 percent). The Eagles, who are now five games back in last place in the conference, were just 5-for-24 from beyond the arc (20.8 percent).
Kareem Brown and Branden Doughty scored 14 points apiece to lead the Eagles (5-12, 0-5), who have lost nine straight games. Michael Harper added 11 points, but was 1-for-10 from 3-point range.
The Hawks outrebounded the Eagles 34-28.
- NCAA BB
MD EASTRN SHORE 70
COPPIN ST 62 FINAL
Jan 23 6:16 PM
- NCAA BB
MD EASTRN SHORE 27
COPPIN ST 24 HALFTIME
Jan 23 5:11 PM
- No. 15 VCU beats UMES 106-66 Nov 20
- Rams butt heads with Hawks in Legends Classic Nov 20
- No. 12 Villanova eases past Maryland-Eastern Shore Nov 18
- Hawks hope to soar past Wildcats Nov 17
- UMES hires Collins to replace Allen Apr 8
- Mitchell out at Coppin State after 28 years Mar 28
- UMES, Allen part ways after six seasons Mar 12
- Gonzaga cruises past Coppin State Dec 1
- No. 11 Gonzaga plays host to Coppin State Dec 1
- Irvin helps Michigan cruise past Coppin State Nov 29
- Wolverines set sights on Eagles Nov 29
- Kilpatrick helps Bearcats dominate Hawks Dec 8