Lin helps Harvard hold off Dartmouth 62-58Jan 24, 2010 - 3:27 AM HANOVER, N.H.(AP) -- Jeremy Lin had 19 points and six assists and Kyle Casey also scored 19 points as Harvard held off Dartmouth 62-58 on Saturday.
The Crimson (13-3, 2-0 Ivy League), who hadn't played since beating Dartmouth at home on Jan. 9, fell behind 20-10 but rallied to lead 31-27 at halftime.
After Robby Pride's three-point play gave the Big Green (4-12, 0-2) their only second-half lead, 36-35, with 15:12 to play, Harvard went on a 15-1 run, including nine points by Lin, to lead 50-37 with 6:58 to play.
Dartmouth gradually trimmed the lead, getting within 60-55 on Pride's layup with 26 seconds left.
After Lin made one of two free throws, a 3-pointer by Jabari Trotter pulled Dartmouth within 61-58 with 0:17 to play.
After Oliver McNally was fouled and made one of two, Dartmouth missed two 3-point tries.
Ronnie Dixon scored 15 points and Pride 13 to lead Dartmouth.
- NCAA BB
DARTMOUTH 58 FINAL
Jan 23 9:00 PM
- NCAA BB
DARTMOUTH 27 HALFTIME
Jan 23 7:48 PM
- Highly rated recruiting class could boost Harvard basketball Dec 19
- Harvard, Stanford to face off in 2016 hoops opener in China Nov 13
- Jackson's dunk helps UNC top Harvard Mar 20
- Tar Heels take aim at Crimson in second round Mar 19
- Harvard edges Yale in thriller for Ivy League title Mar 15
- Virginia dominates Harvard Dec 21
- Harvard hits road to challenge No. 6 Virginia Dec 21
- Holy Cross shocks Harvard Nov 16
- Beantown brawl pits Crimson against Crusaders Nov 16
- Chambers, Saunders lead No. 25 Harvard past MIT Nov 15
- No. 25 Harvard hosts MIT in season lid lifter Nov 14
- Michigan State moves on with win over Harvard Mar 23