Carter lifts Delaware past Georgia St 76-74 in OTJan 23, 2010 - 11:51 PM NEWARK, Del.(AP) -- Jawan Carter made a go-ahead 3-pointer with 50 seconds left in overtime to lift Delaware to a 76-74 win over Georgia State on Saturday.
Georgia State's Kevin Lott missed a 3-point attempt, preserving the victory for the Blue Hens (6-14, 2-7 Colonial Athletic Association), who ended a six-game losing streak.
The Panthers (9-12, 3-6) tied the game at 72-72 with 3:39 left in OT when Xavier Hansbro hit a jumper. But Carter, who led Delaware with 21 points, knocked down a 3-pointer.
A layup by Georgia State's Ousman Krubally cut the Blue Hens' lead to one with 35 seconds left. Carter, who went 8-for-12 from the floor and 3-for-6 from the 3-point line, responded with two free throws to give Delaware enough cushion to pull away.
Joe Dukes led Georgia State with 23 points, while Krubally scored 16 points and grabbed 11 rebounds. Jihad Ali and Trey Hampton each had 11 points.
- NCAA BB
GEORGIA ST 74
DELAWARE 76 FINAL IN 1ST OT
Jan 23 6:23 PM
- NCAA BB
GEORGIA ST 36
DELAWARE 41 HALFTIME
Jan 23 4:48 PM
- Delaware fires men's basketball coach Monte Ross Mar 18
- Late free throw helps Delaware top Fairleigh Dickinson 73-72 Nov 24
- Georgia State's R.J. Hunter to enter NBA Draft Mar 30
- Xavier downs Georgia State, reaches Sweet 16 Mar 21
- Panthers seek another upset in clash with Musketeers Mar 21
- Georgia State upsets Baylor on Hunter's 3 Mar 19
- Bears and Panthers clash in West Regional Mar 19
- Georgia State coach injured in celebration Mar 15
- Georgia State makes NCAAs for 1st time since 2001 Mar 15
- Georgia pride and Sun Belt title up for grabs Mar 15
- Georgia State's Thomas declared ineligible Dec 8
- Villanova routs Delaware Nov 30