Dobbins leads Eastern Michigan by Ball State 57-53Jan 23, 2010 - 10:05 PM YPSILANTI, Mich.(AP) -- Justin Dobbins scored 18 points to pace Eastern Michigan to a 57-53 victory over Ball State on Saturday.
Carlos Medlock added 12 for the Eagles (10-8, 2-3 Mid-American), and Brandon Bowdry had nine points and nine rebounds.
Malik Perry led the Cardinals (8-9, 2-3) with 17 points, and Jauwan Scaife had 13.
Ball State led 21-16 at halftime, but after falling behind 24-16, the Eagles outscored the Cardinals 31-14 over a 14-minute span.
After Eastern Michigan pushed its lead to 11, Scaife nailed two 3-pointers to bring Ball State within 55-53. But Medlock and Antonio Green hit free throws in the waning seconds.
Eastern Michigan shot better from the field than the foul line. The Eagles shot 44.0 percent (22 of 50) but converted just 9 of 23 free throws (39.1 percent).
Ball State hit 20 of 50 shots (40.0 percent) and was 9 of 12 from the line.
- NCAA BB
BALL ST 53
EASTRN MICHIGAN 57 FINAL
Jan 23 4:22 PM
- NCAA BB
BALL ST 21
EASTRN MICHIGAN 16 HALFTIME
Jan 23 2:54 PM
- Eastern Michigan cruises past NAIA Rochester (Mich) 86-58 Dec 8
- Ball State hangs on to beat Valparaiso 69-66 Nov 28
- No. 19 San Diego State cruises past Ball State Dec 21
- Cardinals pay visit to 19th-ranked Aztecs Dec 20
- No. 25 Michigan State beats EMU Dec 18
- Spartans set sights on soaring Eagles Dec 17
- No. 25 Utah takes care of Ball State Nov 15
- No. 25 Utah opens season against Ball State Nov 14
- Syracuse cruises past Eastern Michigan Dec 31
- Eagles hoping to soar past second-ranked Orange Dec 31
- Parker, Duke cruise past Eastern Michigan Dec 28
- Ninth-ranked Blue Devils set sights on Eagles Dec 28