Fairleigh Dickinson defeats St. Francis 78-75Jan 24, 2010 - 4:03 AM HACKENSACK, N.J.(AP) -- Mike Scott scored 20 points and dished out nine assists to lead Fairleigh Dickinson to a 78-75 victory over St. Francis (Pa.) on Saturday night.
Sean Baptiste added 19 points for the Knights (5-15, 4-4 Northeast Conference), who snapped a three-game losing streak with the win.
Fairleigh Dickinson held a 76-73 lead after Scott made a pair of free throws with 21 seconds left. St. Francis' Will Felder responded with a short jumper that cut the Knights' lead to one, and Scott was fouled again immediately.
With 6 seconds remaining, Scott nailed both free throws, making the score 78-75. St. Francis had one last chance to tie the score, but Sorena Orandi's 3-point shot was released after the final buzzer sounded, giving Fairleigh Dickinson the three-point victory.
Devin Sweetney scored 19 points to lead the Red Flash (5-14, 3-5), who are now 0-10 on the road. Felder added 17 points.
- NCAA BB
ST FRANCIS PA 75
FAIR DICKINSON 78 FINAL
Jan 23 9:23 PM
- NCAA BB
ST FRANCIS PA 42
FAIR DICKINSON 36 HALFTIME
Jan 23 8:21 PM
- Fla. Gulf Coast, Fairleigh Dickinson face off in First Four Mar 15
- Coach Herenda has Fairleigh Dickinson back in NCAA Tourney Mar 12
- Pryor leads Robert Morris over Fairleigh Dickinson 72-70 Feb 13
- Harrison, St. John's pull away from FDU Dec 11
- Red Storm set sights on Knights Dec 10
- Texas breezes past St. Francis Nov 26
- Longhorns put perfect mark on line versus Red Flash Nov 25
- Iowa routs FDU Dec 9
- Hawkeyes hope to avoid upset in clash with visiting Knights Dec 9
- Wildcats put up 100 points in Miller's 100th win Nov 19
- Miller seeks milestone win as Wildcats host Knights Nov 18
- FDU names Herenda men's hoops coach Apr 26