Butler lifts Richmond past George Washington 62-57Jan 23, 2010 - 9:57 PM WASHINGTON(AP) -- Ryan Butler made a 3-pointer with 26 seconds left to lift Richmond to a 62-57 win over George Washington on Saturday.
Kevin Anderson, who scored 21 points and made four 3-pointers, followed with two free throws to give the Spiders (15-6, 4-2 Atlantic 10 Conference) enough cushion to pull away. Justin Harper finished with 14 points and David Gonzalvez added 11.
The Colonials (11-7, 1-4), who trailed 30-28 at halftime, scored the first seven points of the second half and later took a 42-35 lead on a free throw by Aaron Ware with 12:14 left. But in a game - which included 12 lead changes and 10 ties - Butler broke a 57-57 tie with his go-ahead 3-pointer.
Tony Taylor led George Washington with 16 points, going 8-for-8 from the free throw line. Bryan Bynes added 11 points for the Colonials.
- Richmond reserve Wood to miss 2nd game with concussion Mar 10
- Passing fancy: Nancy Lieberman's son also an adept passer Feb 23
- Cavanaugh scores 18; No. 21 GW beats St Peter's 87 Dec 19
- Richmond nips No. 22 VCU in double OT Feb 26
- Bragging rights on line in clash between Rams and Spiders Feb 25
- VCU gets back on track at George Washington Feb 15
- Colonials tangle with 20th-ranked Rams Feb 14
- Richmond upsets VCU in Capital City Classic Jan 31
- Rams butt heads with cross-town rival Spiders Jan 31
- VCU keeps rolling with rout of George Washington Jan 27
- Colonials come calling on 14th-ranked Rams Jan 27
- No. 22 Dayton edges Richmond Jan 24