Florida A&M defeats Howard 72-65Jan 23, 2010 - 11:56 PM WASHINGTON(AP) -- Dale Hughes scored 15 points and Florida A&M defeated Howard 72-65 on Saturday, snapping the Bison's three-game win streak.
The Rattlers (4-14, 2-4 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference) shot 51.6 percent from the field in the second half (16 of 31) and outscored Howard 40-29.
The Bison (5-15, 4-2) led 36-32 at halftime, but shot 33.3 percent from the field (11 of 33) and went 2 of 14 from long range (14.3 percent) in the second half.
Rasheem Jenkins scored 14 points and Larry Jackson added 12 points and seven rebounds for Florida A&M. The Rattlers had 15 assists, including six by Brandon Bryant, while turning the ball over 10 times.
Howard had 11 turnovers, leading to 18 Rattlers' points.
Dadrian Collins scored 14 points, Calvin Thompson had 13, Mike Phillips added 12 and Curtis White chipped in 10 for the Bison.
- Florida A&M holds off Thomas (Ga.) 70-68 behind Bernard Nov 19
- No. 17 Kansas downs Howard Dec 30
- Kansas welcomes Howard to Lawrence Dec 29
- Indiana thumps Howard Dec 19
- Bison seek upset of undefeated Hoosiers Dec 19
- No. 18 Georgetown downs Howard Dec 10
- Bison face tall task in bout with 18th-ranked Hoyas Dec 10
- Terps point guard Howard out with foot injury Oct 27
- Purdue easily wins season opener Nov 14
- Butler's wonderful ride ends 1 win short of title Apr 6
- Trainer: Howard has 'mildest of mild' concussion Apr 4
- North Carolina A&T defeats Howard 65-55 Mar 9