Mount St. Mary's, Md. 58, Long Island U. 67Jan 24, 2010 - 12:46 AM NEW YORK (AP) -- Kenny Onyechi and Jaytornah Wisseh each scored 15 points to lead Long Island University to a 67-58 victory over Mount St. Mary's (Md.) on Saturday.
Onyechi scored seven points and Wisseh added six as the Blackbirds (8-11, 6-2 Northeast Conference) used a 25-7 run to take a 30-14 lead with 3:53 left in the first half.
Will Holland hit a 3-pointer to help Mount St. Mary's (5-14, 2-6) cut the Blackbirds' lead to 43-36 with 12:01 left in the game, but Arnold Mayorga hit a 3-pointer and David Hicks converted a three-point play for a 49-36 lead.
Long Island U., which ended a two-game skid, shot 43.8 percent from the 3-point line (7-for-16). Mount St. Mary's was 12-for-23 from the free throw line (52.2 percent).
Hicks and Kyle Johnson added 10 points each for Long Island U.
Jeremy Goode and Shawn Atupem scored eight points each to lead the Mountaineers.
- Mount St. Mary's coasts to 70-49 win over Robert Morris Jan 28
- Mt. St. Mary's uses big 1st half to beat Robert Morris 76-52 Jan 14
- James Madison advances in win over Long Island Mar 21
- Blackbirds, Dukes clash in NCAA Tournament's first round Mar 20
- LIU Brooklyn downs Mount St. Mary's, wins NEC title Mar 12
- NEC crown up for grabs as Blackbirds take on Mountaineers Mar 12
- Zeller, Hoosiers rout Mount St. Mary's Dec 19
- No. 6 Indiana takes aim at Mount St. Mary's Dec 19
- Kentucky shoots the lights out against Long Island Nov 24
- LIU promotes Perri to head coach Apr 11
- Green's triple-double leads MSU past Long Island Mar 17
- Spartans hope to avoid upset in NCAA Tourney clash with Blackbirds Mar 16