Loyola beats Marist 80-64Jan 24, 2010 - 3:35 AM POUGHKEEPSIE, N.Y.(AP) -- Brian Rudolph scored 18 points, leading four Loyola (Md.) players in double figures as the Greyhounds defeated Marist 80-64 on Saturday night.
Robert Olson added 15 points, J'hared Hall had 12 and Jawaan Wright 11 for the Greyhounds (10-10, 3-7 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference), who snapped a two-game skid.
Rudolph scored eight of his points at the free throw line for the Greyhounds, who finished 21-for-26 from the line (80.8 percent). The Red Foxes were just 8-for-15 from the charity stripe (53.3 percent).
Loyola jumped out to a 25-14 lead in the first 6 minutes and never looked back. The Greyhounds led the entire way.
Korey Bauer scored 21 points to pace the Red Foxes (1-19, 1-9), who have lost eight games in a row.
The Greyhounds outrebounded the Red Foxes 40-29 and outscored them 30-22 in the paint.
- Marist hires Maker to replace Bower Jun 17
- Late surge gets No. 13 UConn past Loyola Nov 27
- Greyhounds hoping to run past 13th-ranked Huskies Nov 26
- Loyola-Maryland promotes Smith to head coach Apr 12
- Marist names Bower men's basketball coach Apr 11
- Report: Loyola-Maryland extends Patsos Mar 28
- Thomas pours in 31 as Ohio State routs Loyola-Maryland Mar 16
- Buckeyes battle Greyhounds to begin tournament run Mar 15
- Loyola-Maryland captures first MAAC title since '94 Mar 6
- Stags and Greyhounds meet for MAAC Tournament title Mar 5
- No. 3 Kentucky downs Loyola-Maryland behind balanced attack Dec 22
- Greyhounds face tall task in clash with third-ranked Wildcats Dec 22