James Madison 64, N.C.-Wilmington 67Jan 24, 2010 - 4:23 AM WILMINGTON, N.C. (AP) -- John Fields had a double-double with 17 points and 11 rebounds, and North Carolina-Wilmington beat James Madison 67-64 on Saturday night.
Johnny Wolf added 16 points and Chad Tomko had 15 for the Seawolves (7-13, 3-6 Colonial Athletic Association), who snapped a five-game losing streak.
The Seawolves rallied from a 30-24 halftime deficit and built a 62-54 lead with 2:45 to play after a dunk by Keith Rendleman. That was the Seawolves' last field goal of the game and they missed 4 of 8 free throw attempts in the final 24 seconds.
The Dukes (8-11, 2-7) pulled to within one point three times, the last at 65-64 with three seconds remaining after a free throw by Denzel Bowles. But Tomko iced the game with two free throws with one second remaining.
Julius Wells led the Dukes, who have lost four straight, with 19 points and Bowles added 15 points and 11 rebounds.
- NCAA BB
UNC WILMINGTON 67 FINAL
Jan 23 10:22 PM
- NCAA BB
UNC WILMINGTON 24 HALFTIME
Jan 23 8:57 PM
- James Madison hires alum Louis Rowe as men's hoops coach Mar 31
- It's David vs. Goliath when UNC Wilmington meets Duke Mar 17
- Matt Brady out at James Madison as men's basketball coach Mar 14
- Louisville holds off UNCW Dec 14
- Fourth-ranked Cardinals set sights on Seahawks Dec 14
- Buckeyes beat up on Dukes Nov 28
- Virginia cruises past JMU in opener Nov 15
- Instate foes collide as Cavs take on Dukes Nov 14
- UNC-Wilmington hires Louisville assistant Keatts Mar 27
- Peterson out as UNCW head coach Mar 11
- No. 19 North Carolina cruises past UNC-Wilmington Dec 31
- Seahawks and Tar Heels meet in New Year's Eve fracas Dec 31