Texas Southern nips Mississippi Valley State 74-73Jan 24, 2010 - 2:02 AM HOUSTON(AP) -- David Burrell hit a 3-point shot with six seconds remaining to give Texas Southern a 74-73 victory against Mississippi Valley State on Saturday.
DeAndre Hall had 37 points on 17-of-25 shooting for the Tigers (9-9, 5-1 Southwestern Athletic Conference), and Junior Treasure added 12 points. Burrell had eight points.
Shannon Behling had 27 points for Mississippi Valley State (4-15, 3-3), and Donald Darian added 14.
The Delta Devils had a two-point lead and possession with 30 seconds remaining, when Texas Southern's Onyekautukwu Abiakam stole the ball from Kevin Burwell. The Tigers took a timeout to set up the winning shot.
Mississippi Valley State had a chance at the end, but Behling's jumper with a second left was off the mark.
- NCAA BB
MISS VALLEY ST 73
TEXAS SOUTHERN 74 FINAL
Jan 23 7:58 PM
- NCAA BB
MISS VALLEY ST 36
TEXAS SOUTHERN 27 HALFTIME
Jan 23 6:52 PM
- Robert Morris hangs on for 67-64 win over MVSU Nov 28
- Arizona cruises by Texas Southern Mar 19
- Arizona starts tournament play against Texas Southern Mar 19
- Texas Southern rallies late, wins SWAC title Mar 14
- Tigers, Jaguars meet in SWAC title clash Mar 14
- No. 9 Iowa State crushes Mississippi Valley Dec 31
- Cyclones go in search of two milestone wins Dec 31
- Texas Southern stuns No. 25 Michigan State in OT Dec 20
- Weary Tigers visit 25th-ranked Spartans Dec 20
- Gonzaga crushes Texas Southern Dec 16
- Tigers face uphill climb in clash with Bulldogs Dec 15
- Payne named Mississippi Valley men's basketball coach Jul 11