Hudson's late hoop lifts Hokies past B.C. 63-62Jan 23, 2010 - 9:12 PM By HANK KURZ Jr. AP Sports Writer
BLACKSBURG, Va.(AP) -- Dorenzo Hudson collected a loose ball under his basket and scored on a layup in the final seconds, lifting Virginia Tech past Boston College 63-62 on Saturday.
The ending was wild on the home floor of the Hokies (15-3, 2-2 Atlantic Coast Conference). The clock above the basket showed 9.2 seconds when Hudson scored, but the officials determined it had stopped before he scored and reset it to 5 seconds.
Reggie Jackson took the inbounds pass for the Eagles (11-9, 2-4), but he never got the final shot off.
Hudson led the Hokies with 18 points and Malcolm Delaney had 13.
Jackson scored 15 points to lead the Eagles and three others who had 10.
- NCAA BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
BOSTON COLLEGE 29 33 62
VIRGINIA TECH 38 25 63 FINAL
HIGH SCORERS: BOSTON COLLEGE - REGGIE JACKSON 15, THREE PLAYERS WITH 10
VIRGINIA TECH - DORENZO HUDSON 18, MALCOLM DELANEY 13,
TERRELL BELL 11
Jan 23 3:39 PM
- NCAA BB
BOSTON COLLEGE 29
VIRGINIA TECH 38 HALFTIME
Jan 23 2:24 PM
- Virginia Tech grants sophomore guard Jalen Hudson release Apr 6
- BC looks to avoid winless ACC year in football, basketball Mar 4
- No. 2 North Carolina's game at Virginia Tech moved to 3 p.m. Jan 23
- 30 Boston College students get sick after eating at Chipotle Dec 7
- Carter, Robinson carry BC past Central Conn. 82-57 Nov 19
- Boston College eager for young stars to emerge Oct 26
- Boston College Preview Capsule Oct 26
- Virginia Tech Hokies deeper in Buzz Williams 2nd season Oct 26
- Virginia Tech Preview Capsule Oct 26
- Hokies leading scorer Smith to transfer Mar 26
- Paige, North Carolina top BC Mar 11
- Tar Heels take on Eagles in ACC Tournament action Mar 11