Vanderbilt sinks Auburn 82-74Jan 23, 2010 - 10:30 PM NASHVILLE, Tenn.(AP) -- Jeffery Taylor scored all of his 18 points in the second half and Vanderbilt rallied for an 82-74 victory over Auburn on Saturday.
John Jenkins' 3-pointer with 11:39 left gave Vanderbilt its first lead after the Commodores trailed by as many 16 in the first half. Vanderbilt (15-3, 4-0 Southeastern Conference) never trailed after that, pounding the basket inside to build an insurmountable 12-point lead with more than 2 minutes left.
The Commodores have won nine straight, and it's the first time in 44 years that they have won their first four league games.
A.J. Ogilvy scored 17, Brad Tinsley 15 and Jermaine Beal 14 for Vanderbilt. Taylor played 6 minutes in the first due to foul trouble.
Lucas Hargrove scored 19 points and had 10 rebounds for The Tigers. DeWayne Reed added 16 points and Frankie Sullivan had 14 for Auburn (10-10, 1-4), which dropped its fourth straight.
- NCAA BB
VANDERBILT 82 FINAL
Jan 23 3:55 PM
- NCAA BB
VANDERBILT 32 HALFTIME
Jan 23 2:37 PM
- Auburn players Shamsid-Deen, Reed won't return next season May 6
- New Vanderbilt coach Bryce Drew announces his staff Apr 26
- Vanderbilt junior center Damian Jones entering NBA Draft Apr 14
- Bryce Drew wants to be 1st to take Vanderbilt to Final 4 Apr 6
- Vandy sophomore guard Wade Baldwin IV entering NBA draft Apr 5
- Vanderbilt using Fogler, not search firm to find new coach Mar 28
- Stallings gone, Vanderbilt to start search for new coach Mar 27
- After 17 seasons, Stallings' future at Vanderbilt in doubt Mar 16
- Wichita State back healthy, faces Vanderbilt in First Four Mar 15
- Vandy fined $100,000 for storming court after Kentucky game Feb 29
- Big swing: Stumbling Vanderbilt revives NCAA tourney hopes Feb 25
- Pearl: Auburn's Kareem Canty leaves team, school to turn pro Feb 12