Wright State edges Detroit 61-59Jan 23, 2010 - 9:52 PM DETROIT(AP) -- Vaughn Duggins scored 17 points, including two crucial free throws in the final minute, and Wright State held on to defeat Detroit 61-59 Saturday.
Todd Brown added 16 points for the Raiders (12-8, 5-4 Horizon), who led 35-26 at halftime. Wright State led 58-47 after a Brown 3-pointer with 2:58 remaining.
Detroit (12-8, 5-4) then began its comeback, with 3-pointers by Xavier Keeling and Woody Payne cutting the deficit to five points a minute later. Keeling's layup with a minute to play made it 58-55 and Payne's free throw got the Titans within two. Duggins' free throws made the lead four points, but Chase Simon's 3-pointer with 22 seconds left cut the Raiders' lead to 60-59. Cory Cooperwood made a free throw with 19 seconds left, and Detroit missed a pair of shots at the end.
Simon led the Titans with 15 points and Keeling scored 12.
- NCAA BB
WRIGHT ST 61
DETROIT 59 FINAL
Jan 23 4:15 PM
- NCAA BB
WRIGHT ST 35
DETROIT 26 HALFTIME
Jan 23 3:00 PM
- Wright State hires South Dakota State basketball coach Apr 4
- Wright State fires coach Billy Donlon after 6 seasons Mar 19
- Ohio State throttles Wright State Dec 28
- Raiders come calling on 21st-ranked Buckeyes Dec 27
- Wichita State rallies past Detroit Dec 13
- Titans seek upset of 11th-ranked Shockers Dec 13
- No. 24 Michigan pulls away to beat Detroit Nov 20
- Intrastate rivals collide, as Titans visit Wolverines Nov 20
- Milwaukee earns NCAA berth with Horizon League title Mar 11
- Panthers and Raiders duke it out for Horizon crown Mar 11
- Calhoun, UConn rout Detroit Nov 14
- Huskies host Titans in 2K Sports Classic Nov 14