Davidson beats Georgia Southern 91-87Jan 24, 2010 - 3:59 AM STATESBORO, Ga.(AP) -- JP Kuhlman scored 18 points as all five Davidson starters scored in double figures in a 91-87 win over Georgia Southern on Saturday.
Steve Rossiter and Brendan McKillop each added 15 points for the Wildcats (9-11, 4-4 Southern Conference). Will Archambault had a double-double with 13 points and 10 rebounds, Jake Cohen added 11 points and Ben Allison came off the bench to score 12 for the Wildcats.
Davidson led by nine points at halftime and built a 21-point lead at 82-61 on a 3-pointer by Archambault with 6:46 remaining.
But the Eagles (5-16, 2-6) went on a 22-4 run to cut the lead to 86-83 with 1:27 to go after a a layup by Willie Powers. Davidson responded by making 5 of 6 free throw attempts the rest of the way to secure the win.
Powers had a game-high 25 points and Antonio Hanson added 23 for the Eagles, who lost for the 12th time in the past 14 games.
- NCAA BB
GA SOUTHERN 87 FINAL
Jan 23 4:22 PM
- NCAA BB
GA SOUTHERN 36 HALFTIME
Jan 23 3:04 PM
- White dominates as Iowa downs Davidson Mar 21
- South Region pits Hawkeyes against Wildcats Mar 20
- Georgia State makes NCAAs for 1st time since 2001 Mar 15
- Georgia pride and Sun Belt title up for grabs Mar 15
- VCU beats Davidson to reach A-10 title game Mar 14
- Rams and Wildcats collide in A-10 bout Mar 14
- No. 24 Davidson beats La Salle at buzzer Mar 13
- Explorers seek upset of Wildcats in A-10 Tournament Mar 13
- Davidson hands No. 22 Dayton first A-10 loss Jan 20
- Davidson hosts No. 22 Dayton Jan 20
- VCU holds off Davidson Jan 8
- Rams butt heads with Wildcats in A-10 matchup Jan 7