Montana 52, Montana St. 61Jan 24, 2010 - 4:46 AM BOZEMAN, Mont. (AP) -- Bobby Howard and Marquise Navarre had 12 points each, and Branden Johnson added 11 - including five crucial points in the final two minutes - as Montana State defeated Montana 61-52 on Saturday night.
Johnson hit a 23-foot 3-point shot with 2:01 remaining to give the Bobcats (11-8, 6-2 Big Sky) a 54-50 lead after the Grizzlies had shaved a 10-point deficit down to one. After Montana moved to within 56-52, Johnson hit a driving layup with 29.5 seconds left.
Montana State made three of four free throws in the final seconds.
Brian Qvale led Montana (13-7, 4-4) with 18 points, and Jack McGillis added 12.
- Harvey, Eastern Washington rally past Montana for Big Sky crown Mar 14
- Grizzlies, Eagles engage in Big Sky title bout Mar 14
- Kentucky crushes Montana St. Nov 23
- Top-ranked Kentucky continues run against Montana State Nov 23
- Montana tabs DeCuire to replace Tinkle May 31
- Montana dismisses Coleman Jun 7
- Syracuse advances in rout of Montana Mar 22
- Orange set sights on Grizzlies in East Regional tilt Mar 20
- Montana repeats as Big Sky champions Mar 17
- Weber State takes on Montana in Big Sky title game Mar 16
- Montana gives Tinkle, Selvig extensions May 25
- Balanced attack leads Wisconsin in rout of Montana Mar 15