Notre Dame never trails in 87-77 win over DePaulJan 23, 2010 - 9:12 PM By TOM COYNE AP Sports Writer
SOUTH BEND, Ind.(AP) -- Tim Abromaitis scored 30 points, Luke Harangody added 24 and Ben Hansbrough had 15 points, 10 rebounds and seven assists to pace Notre Dame to an 87-77 win over DePaul on Saturday.
The Fighting Irish (15-5, 4-3 Big East), who ended a two-game losing streak, started the game with a 7-0 run, and the Blue Demons never got closer than five. DePaul used a 7-2 run to close to 77-71 with 69 seconds left on a 3-pointer by Mike Stovall.
But Harangody scored on an alley-oop pass from Abromaitis with 59 seconds left, then added two free throws with 49 seconds left to put the game way.
Notre Dame didn't commit its first turnover until Hansbrough had the ball stolen with 10:32 left in the game. The Irish finished with a season-low two turnovers.
Will Walker led DePaul (8-11, 1-6) with a career-high 35 points on 15-of-30 shooting.
- NCAA BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
DEPAUL 27 50 77
NOTRE DAME 37 50 87 FINAL
HIGH SCORERS: DEPAUL - WILL WALKER 35, DEVIN HILL 15, MIKE
NOTRE DAME - TIM ABROMAITIS 30, LUKE HARANGODY 24,
BEN HANSBROUGH 15
Jan 23 4:02 PM
- NCAA BB
NOTRE DAME 37 HALFTIME
Jan 23 2:51 PM
- Beachem says he'll be back at Notre Dame for senior season May 1
- Notre Dame's Beachem enters NBA draft, won't hire an agent Apr 12
- Jackson: Meeting with Brey, NCAA play led him to opt for NBA Mar 30
- Notre Dame's Jackson decides to enter NBA draft Mar 29
- Brey: Notre Dame's Jackson has to explore entering NBA draft Mar 28
- Notre Dame can't find one last run to beat North Carolina Mar 28
- North Carolina and Notre Dame know each other well Mar 26
- Wisconsin's road to 3rd straight Final 4 runs through Irish Mar 25
- Notre Dame finally finding March success under Brey Mar 23
- ND's Auguste at best in March, shooting 86 percent in NCAAs Mar 22
- Doing it all: Versatile Walkup, Stephen F. Austin face Irish Mar 19
- Michigan-Notre Dame is still a great rivalry Mar 17