Western Michigan routs Toledo 73-41Jan 23, 2010 - 9:33 PM KALAMAZOO, Mich.(AP) -- Nate Hutcheson scored 15 points and Western Michigan opened up a big lead early in the game and coasted to a 73-41 victory over Toledo on Saturday.
Flenard Whitfield scored all 11 of his points in the first half, nearly matching Toledo's total as the Broncos (11-7, 3-2 Mid-American) led 42-15 at halftime.
The Rockets (3-16, 0-5) scored the first basket of the game, but Western Michigan scored the next 10 points and then led 20-6. It was later 31-11 and the 27-point lead at the break matched the half's biggest.
David Kool had 10 points and eight rebounds for the Broncos, who outrebounded Toledo 44-25 and led by 34 points with three minutes to play. No one played more than 20 minutes in the game for Western Michigan.
Justin Anyijong led Toledo with 11 points and Josh Freelove had 10.
- Western Michigan defeats Rochester (Mich) 85-73 Nov 23
- Detroit-area gambler sentenced in Toledo sports bribery Oct 1
- Okafor fuels Duke in win over Toledo Dec 30
- Duke gets back to work against Toledo Dec 29
- No. 15 VCU takes down Toledo Nov 18
- Rockets seek upset of 15th-ranked Rams Nov 18
- Syracuse dominates Western Michigan in NCAA opener Mar 20
- Broncos and Orange clash in South Region's second round Mar 20
- Western Michigan takes down Toledo to win MAC title Mar 16
- MAC crown to be decided, as Rockets challenge Broncos Mar 15
- Toledo G Drummond suspended Feb 10
- Kansas fends off feisty Toledo Dec 31