Morrill milestone as Utah State beats Idaho 60-48Jan 24, 2010 - 3:27 AM MOSCOW, Idaho(AP) -- Jared Quayle scored 16 points and Utah State defeated Idaho 60-48 Saturday night, giving Aggies coach Stew Morrill his 500th victory as a Division I coach.
Morrill is 500-235 (.680) in 24 seasons as a Division I head coach. This is his 12th season at Utah State.
Tai Wesley dominated the paint for the Aggies (15-6, 5-2 Western Athletic), scoring 11 points and grabbing six rebounds while Brady Jardine added 10 points and six boards. Quayle had seven rebounds as Utah State held a 35-23 advantage on the glass.
Utah State shot 50 percent from the field for the game, while its defense held Idaho to 18.2 percent in the second half.
Kashif Watson led Idaho (8-9, 1-5) with 16 points. The Vandals have lost five straight.
- Utah State's Jalen Moore to submit name for NBA draft Mar 25
- Utah State downs Union (Tenn.) 73-49 Nov 20
- Utah State coach Stew Morrill to retire at season's end Jan 9
- New Mexico State wins 3rd straight WAC title Mar 16
- Vandals and Aggies to decide WAC Tournament champion Mar 15
- San Diego State routs Utah State in MWC quarters Mar 13
- Aztecs and Aggies square off in MWC quarterfinals Mar 13
- New Mexico pulls away from Utah State Feb 26
- Surging Lobos take on slumping Aggies Feb 25
- Shrigley and Aztecs thump Aggies Feb 19
- Aggies and Aztecs mix it up in Mountain West melee Feb 18
- Thames, Aztecs edge Aggies in OT Jan 26