New Mexico defeats Colorado State 82-64Jan 23, 2010 - 10:59 PM ALBUQUERQUE, N.M.(AP) -- Dairese Gary scored 17 points to lead four New Mexico players in double figures in an 82-64 victory over Colorado State on Saturday.
Gary hit all 10 of his free-throw attempts for New Mexico (18-3, 4-2 Mountain West) and had five assists. Greg Smith and Dorian Green scored 13 points each to lead the Rams (11-8, 2-3).
The Lobos, who won their fourth straight conference game, took control late in the first half, using a 16-1 run that put them up 36-22. Curtis Dennis, Roman Martinez and Phillip McDonald hit 3-pointers to spark the surge.
The lead remained in double digits the rest of the game. New Mexico controlled the boards with a 48-30 advantage, including 17-5 on the offensive end.
- Correction: New Mexico-San Jose St story Jan 25
- UNM investigating purchasing activity on staffer's card Dec 22
- Colorado St. extends Eustachy, contract runs through 2019 Dec 8
- Lobos forward's career over because of spinal condition Nov 19
- New Mexico knocks off unbeaten CSU Jan 4
- Rams and Lobos mix it up in Mountain West melee Jan 3
- Gillon powers No. 24 Colorado State past Boise State Dec 31
- Broncos and Rams square off in Mountain West opener Dec 31
- Colorado State holds off upset-minded New Mexico State Dec 27
- Aggies entertain undefeated Rams Dec 27
- Colorado State cruises past Charleston Southern Dec 23
- CSU extends men's basketball coach Eustachy Nov 21