Oral Roberts rolls past Centenary 87-56Jan 24, 2010 - 4:00 AM SHREVEPORT, La.(AP) -- Warren Niles scored 17 points to lead five Oral Roberts players in double figures in an 87-56 victory over Centenary on Saturday night.
Michael Craion added 14 points and the Golden Eagles (11-10, 6-3 Summit League) shot 66.7 percent in the first half (18-for-27) for a 50-18 halftime lead.
Oral Roberts took control with a 19-0 first-half run, hitting five 3-pointers for a 22-4 lead with 12 minutes to play. The Gentlemen (6-13, 2-7) were held without a field goal for a 6-minute stretch.
The Golden Eagles later scored seven straight points for a 31-10 lead with 9:02 left.
Niles was 5-for-7 from the 3-point line to lead Oral Roberts, which was 15-for-24 from beyond the arc (62.5 percent).
Kyron Stokes and Javier Nasarre scored 13 points each and Dominique Morrison added 10 for Oral Roberts.
Daman Starring scored 19 points and Matt Marseille had 12 for Centenary.
- S. Dakota St. rallies to beat ORU in Summit League tourney Mar 6
- No. 15 Oklahoma routs Oral Roberts Dec 16
- Oral Roberts visits No. 15 Oklahoma Dec 16
- Oral Roberts forced to forfeit two Southland games Jan 7
- Baylor cruises past Oral Roberts Dec 31
- Bears set sights on Golden Eagles Dec 30
- No. 11 Wichita State cruises past Oral Roberts Dec 7
- Shockers play host to Golden Eagles Dec 7
- Kaminsky leads Wisconsin past Oral Roberts Nov 24
- Golden Eagles hope to soar past 12th-ranked Badgers Nov 23
- No. 4 Arizona routs Oral Roberts Dec 19
- Depleted Musketeers suffer their first loss Dec 18