Winston-Salem State beats Norfolk State 82-70Jan 23, 2010 - 11:48 PM WINSTON-SALEM, N.C.(AP) -- Paul Davis had 19 points and 10 rebounds and Brian Fisher added 19 points as Winston-Salem State defeated Norfolk State 82-70 on Saturday.
The Rams (6-10), who trailed 19-11 with 11:33 left in the first half, used an 18-3 run to take command of the game. Shelton Carter and Fisher each hit two 3-pointers during the spurt.
Winston-Salem led 36-27 at halftime, then the Spartans (3-14) went on a 6-2 run to pull within five. The Rams answered with seven straight points en route to their third win in four games.
Winston-Salem hit 16 of 20 free throws while Norfolk State was 11-for-26 from the foul line.
Michael Deloach had 20 points and four steals for the Spartans. Kyle O'Quinn added 14 points and Aleek Pauline had nine points, seven steals and six assists.
The Rams have won four of the last six meetings between the schools, but still trail in the all-time series 42-18.
- O'Neale's hot shooting powers Baylor past Norfolk St. Dec 30
- Norfolk State hits road to test No, 22 Baylor Dec 30
- No. 9 Virginia cruises past Norfolk State Nov 17
- Norfolk State pays visit to No. 9 Virginia Nov 16
- Evans leaving Norfolk State Apr 15
- Warren, Wolfpack roll past Spartans Dec 16
- Wolfpack set to pounce on visiting Spartans Dec 15
- Illinois remains undefeated, downs Norfolk State Dec 12
- 10th-ranked Illini set sights on Spartans Dec 11
- Norfolk State gives Evans three-year extension Jun 1
- Florida routs Norfolk State Mar 18
- Norfolk State hopes dream run continues in clash with Florida Mar 18