Sloan helps Texas A&M hold off Colorado 67-63Jan 23, 2010 - 9:06 PM By KRISTIE RIEKEN AP Sports Writer
COLLEGE STATION, Texas(AP) -- Donald Sloan scored 18 points, including four late free throws, as Texas A&M beat Colorado 67-63 on Saturday to extend the Buffaloes' Big 12 road misery.
The win was Texas A&M's seventh straight over the Buffaloes and extended the Colorado's conference road losing streak to 32 games.
The Aggies (14-5, 3-2) were up 59-53 before Colorado scored six quick points, aided by A&M turnovers, to tie it 59-59 with 48 seconds to play. A put-back dunk by Bryan Davis put the Aggies back on top with 30 seconds remaining.
Texas A&M made six free throws after that, including four by Sloan to secure the win.
Cory Higgins and Alec Burks had 19 points each to lead Colorado (10-9, 1-4), which hasn't won a conference road game in more than four years.
- NCAA BB
TEXAS A&M 67 FINAL
Jan 23 3:55 PM
- NCAA BB
TEXAS A&M 30 HALFTIME
Jan 23 2:34 PM
- No chance for a wild comeback for Aggies in 77-63 loss to OU Mar 25
- Hield, Sooners face former Big 12 foes Aggies in Sweet 16 Mar 24
- House leading the party at Texas A&M into Sweet 16 Mar 22
- Texas A&M downs N Iowa with historic last-minute comeback Mar 21
- Experienced Panthers eager to carry momentum forward Mar 19
- Texas A&M aims for respect in first NCAA tourney since 2011 Mar 17
- Purvis spurs UConn comeback for 74-67 win over Colorado Mar 17
- Can UConn start another title run with an afterthought seed? Mar 16
- Texas A&M announces new 5-year deal for coach Billy Kennedy Mar 12
- No. 11 Oregon State women grind out 61-47 win over Colorado Jan 24
- Texas A&M rolling toward NCAA tourney after 4-year absence Jan 20
- Anglin scores 20, Northern Colorado tops Montana State 78-76 Jan 16