Morgan State rallies to beat Delaware State 72-62Jan 24, 2010 - 1:11 AM BALTIMORE(AP) -- Reggie Holmes scored 28 points and Morgan State beat Delaware State 72-62 on Saturday.
Holmes, who is sixth in the nation in scoring with a 22.5 average, made 18 of 20 free throw attempts. DeWayne Jackson added 19 points for the Bears (13-7, 5-0 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference), who won their fifth game in a row. It was the Bears' sixth win in a row against Delaware State.
The Bears went to the free throw line 38 times and made 29 shots, while the Hornets went 10-for-12 from the foul line.
Both teams shot well from the field, with Morgan State going 18-for-33 (54 percent) and Delaware State shot 23-for-55 (41 percent).
Morgan State outrebounded Delaware State 29-18, with Kevin Thompson and Holmes each grabbing seven boards for the Bears.
Frisco Sandidge scored 24 points and Marcus Neal added 21 points for the Hornets (8-7, 3-2).
- Delaware State beats D-III Summit U 93-44 for 1st win Jan 4
- Hampton tops Delaware State for MEAC title Mar 14
- Hampton, Delaware State battle in MEAC championship Mar 14
- N.C. Central downs Morgan State in MEAC title game Mar 16
- Eagles and Bears clash in MEAC title tilt Mar 15
- Delaware State fires Greg Jackson Jan 31
- Oregon cruises past Morgan State Dec 29
- Morgan State faces unenviable task of taking on No. 12 Oregon Dec 29
- No. 7 Oklahoma State demolishes Delaware State Dec 17
- Hornets hit road hoping to sting seventh-ranked Cowboys Dec 17
- Dayton tops Delaware State Dec 4
- 25th-ranked Flyers set sights on Hornets Dec 4