ETSU 89, Belmont 100Jan 24, 2010 - 1:40 AM NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -- Ian Clark scored 24 points and Belmont defeated East Tennessee State 100-89 on Saturday.
Mick Hedgepeth had a double-double with 14 points and 11 rebounds for the Bruins (11-9, 6-4 Atlantic Sun Conference). Jordan Campbell also scored 14 points and Drew Hanlen had 13.
It was the first time the Bruins have reached 100 points since beating Division II Fisk 106-49 on Dec. 4, 2007.
The Bruins went 14-for-27 (51.9 percent) from 3-point range, with Clark and Campbell each making four. The Bruins shot 55.1 percent (27-for-49) from the field.
Belmont built a 44-22 halftime lead and led by 32 points with 11:44 to play in the game.
The Bruins went 32-for-50 (64 percent), both school records, from the foul line.
Micah Williams scored 21 points, Justin Tubbs added 18 points, Sheldon Cooley had 17 and Tommy Hubbard 13 for the Buccaneers (10-10, 6-3).
- East Tennessee State tabs Forbes as new men's basketball coach Mar 31
- Virginia staves off upset bid from Belmont Mar 20
- Belmont battles Virginia in East Regional melee Mar 20
- Belmont shocks Murray State to win OVC crown Mar 7
- Racers and Bruins battle for OVC crown Mar 7
- Eastern Kentucky tops Belmont in OVC title game Mar 9
- Bruins battle Colonels for OVC crown Mar 8
- Randle helps Kentucky fend off Belmont Dec 21
- Wildcats set sights on Bruins Dec 21
- Belmont shocks No. 12 North Carolina Nov 17
- Belmont battles No. 12 North Carolina Nov 17
- Lyons, Arizona down Belmont in West Region second round Mar 22