Denver defeats South Alabama, 71-48Jan 24, 2010 - 2:01 AM DENVER(AP) -- Andrew hooper made 4 of 6 from 3-point range as Denver defeated South Alabama 71-48 in Sun Belt Conference play on Saturday.
As a team the Pioneers (13-7, 6-3) made 14 of 28 (50.0 percent) from 3. The Jaguars (12-9, 4-5) made just 1 of 8 (12.5 percent) from 3.
The Pioneers bench outscored the Jaguars bench 34-2. Hooper had 15 points as a reserve.
Martino Brock had a game-high 18 points and seven rebounds for the Jaguars. Tim Williams added 14 points and eight rebounds.
Denver carried a 29-20 lead into the half and extended it to 35-20 with two consecutive made 3's out of halftime.
Denver made more 3-pointers (14) than 2-point shots (9)and managed to shoot 52.1 percent from the field. The Pioneers turned the ball over only four times in the game. This win snaps a two-game conference losing streak for Denver, who is currently tied for second in the Sun Belt.
- University of Denver hires Rodney Billups as coach Mar 14
- Denver fires coach Joe Scott after 9 seasons Mar 11
- South Dakota State edges Denver in Summit tourney 54-53 Mar 8
- Rosga, Denver beat Omaha, advance to Summit League semis Mar 7
- Northern Iowa tops Denver on 30 shots Dec 10
- Panthers hit road to take on Pioneers Dec 10
- No. 17 Miami returns home to beat South Alabama Nov 28
- Miami tries to avoid upset in clash with South Alabama Nov 28
- Gonzaga defeats South Alabama Dec 15
- South Alabama hits road to challenge No. 20 Gonzaga Dec 14
- South Alabama names Graves new basketball coach Mar 25
- South Alabama's Arrow retires Dec 19