Crawford leads Xavier over Rhode Island 72-61Jan 24, 2010 - 1:21 AM By JOE KAY AP Sports Writer
CINCINNATI(AP) -- Jordan Crawford had his first career double-double Saturday, scoring 21 points and making all the big plays during a 10-0 run early in the second half that sent Xavier to a 72-61 victory over Rhode Island.
Xavier (13-6, 5-1 Atlantic 10) hadn't led or made a 3-pointer until Crawford - the conference's leading scorer - took the game over during a 1:24 stretch. Crawford had three rebounds, passed to Jason Love for a layup, drove for a layup and hit back-to-back 3s during the run.
Crawford finished with 12 rebounds and six assists. Jamel McLean had 16 points and eight rebounds.
Lamonte Ulmer and Keith Cothran scored 12 apiece for Rhode Island (15-3, 3-2), which has lost 15 of its last 16 games against the Musketeers.
- No NBA: Trevon Bluiett staying at Xavier for junior season May 23
- Xavier gives coach Chris Mack an additional year on contract Apr 14
- Badgers, Musketeers preparing for physical NCAA clash Mar 19
- Xavier pulls away from Weber State late for 71-53 win Mar 18
- Xavier opens tourney vs Weber St, hoping for deep run Mar 17
- No. 5 Xavier looking to fix defense at Big East tournament Mar 7
- No. 5 Xavier in running for high NCAA tournament seed Feb 25
- Big East's top 2 teams set for high-stakes rematch at Xavier Feb 23
- Xavier's Sumner 'walking, talking' after hard fall at game Dec 31
- Rhode Island guard E.C. Matthews out for season Nov 14
- Hurley has new deal at Rhode Island Apr 2
- Xavier's Chris Mack gets 1-year extension Apr 1