Utah blazes past Air Force 71-54Jan 24, 2010 - 1:38 AM SALT LAKE CITY(AP) -- Marshall Henderson tied his career high with 22 points to lead Utah over Air Force 71-54 on Saturday.
The Utes (10-9, 3-2 Mountain West) put the game away midway through the second half with 12 consecutive points that turned a 46-34 lead into a 58-34 advantage. Henderson capped the run with a layup and a pair of free throws with 8:24 to play.
Henderson, who played only 17 minutes in the blowout, sank four 3-pointers to bring the number he has made from long distance this season to 43, tying a school record for freshmen set by Shaun Green in 2005-06.
Kim Tillie and Carlon Brown each had nine points and the Utes outrebounded the slumping Falcons, 29-19.
Michael Lyons scored 13 points and Evan Washington added 10 for the Falcons (8-10, 0-5), who have lost 21 straight conference games.
Utah has won five in a row against Air Force.
- Utah center Jakob Poeltl declares for NBA draft Apr 13
- Gonzaga's Sabonis gets best of Utah's Poeltl Mar 20
- Air up there: Zags, Utah features rare meeting of big men Mar 18
- Throwback centers featured in Denver's Midwest Regional Mar 16
- Seniors Taylor, Loveridge have No. 13 Utah rolling to finish Mar 3
- Taylor leads No. 22 Utah over No. 9 Arizona 70-64 Feb 27
- Athletic big man Jakob Poeltl shines in post for Utah Feb 16
- Utah coach Krystkowiak says time to put 'big boy pants' on Feb 9
- Utah coach says 'toxic' atmosphere halted BYU series Jan 11
- Utah cancels basketball game against BYU next season Jan 6
- Air Force downs Western State Colorado 86-66 Dec 29
- Zach Moer, Air Force beat Johnson & Wales 80-56 Dec 23