Willis pours in 30 as UNLV holds off TCU 79-70Jan 24, 2010 - 1:50 AM FORT WORTH, Texas(AP) -- Tre'Von Willis scored 30 points Saturday, leading UNLV to a 79-70 victory over TCU.
Chace Stanback added 19 points and Matt Shaw 10 for the hot-shooting Rebels (16-4, 4-2 Mountain West), who made 59.2 percent (29 for 49) of their shots from the field despite going 4 for 15 on 3-point attempts.
Nikola Cerina had 14 points for TCU (10-10, 2-3). Zvonko Buljan and Greg Hill added 13 each, and Edvinas Ruzgas had 11.
The Horned Frogs pulled within 72-70 on a 3-point play Buljan with 1:05 remaining, but UNLV scored the final seven points of the game - all on free throws - to put the game away.
The Rebels were on top 38-30 at halftime and led by as many as 11 in the second half before TCU tied the game at 60 on a pair of free throws from Ronnie Moss with 8:35 left. UNLV responded with a 9-0 run, only to see the Horned Frogs score 10 of the next 13 points.
- NCAA BB
TCU 70 FINAL
Jan 23 8:11 PM
- NCAA BB
TCU 30 HALFTIME
Jan 23 6:56 PM
- Menzies adds 3 more to UNLV recruiting class May 19
- UNLV's Menzies fills out staff with 3 hires May 5
- UNLV approves $3.75 million contract for Marvin Menzies Apr 22
- Helping Dixon: LSU assistant David Patrick hired by TCU Apr 20
- UNLV hires Menzies as basketball coach after Beard bolts Apr 17
- UNLV introduces Chris Beard as Runnin' Rebels coach Apr 8
- UNLV hires Little Rock's Chris Beard as next coach Mar 28
- Jamie Dixon introduced at TCU, big boost for his alma mater Mar 22
- Dixon leaving Pittsburgh to take over at TCU, his alma mater Mar 22
- UNLV freshman Jones Jr. ineligible for rest of the season Mar 2
- UNLV loses freshman center Zimmerman to sprained left knee Feb 8
- UNLV dismisses guard Daquan Cook from team Feb 5