Northeastern defeats Virginia Commonwealth 74-62Jan 23, 2010 - 10:14 PM BOSTON(AP) -- Nkem Ojougboh scored 18 points to lead four Northeastern players in double figures as the Huskies defeated Virginia Commonwealth 74-62 on Saturday for their 11th consecutive victory, the nation's third-longest active win streak.
Chaisson Allen scored 16 points, including two 3-pointers and two free throws during a 10-2 run that gave the Huskies (13-7, 8-1 Colonial Athletic Association) a 47-39 lead early in the second half.
Matt Janning added 15 points and Manny Adako 12 for the Huskies.
Larry Sanders scored 22 points and grabbed 10 rebounds for the Rams (13-5, 5-4). Six of his rebounds came at the offensive end, and the Rams led the Huskies 15-4 in that category, but they could not convert enough of those extra chances into points.
Northeastern shot 58.5 percent (24-for-41) from the field to Virginia Commonwealth's 37.9 percent (22-for-58).
- Things looking more normal for Wade in Year 2 at VCU May 13
- VCU announces sophomore F Michael Gilmore is transferring May 3
- VCU restructures, extends contract of men's hoops coach Wade Mar 29
- Oklahoma faces another dangerous double-digit seed in VCU Mar 19
- Payton II following in father's NCAA footsteps at Oregon St Mar 17
- VCU hoping to find winning formula again in NCAA Tournament Mar 16
- VCU seeking another shot at A10 Tournament championship Mar 9
- JeQuan Lewis' growth at PG a key to VCU's winning streak Feb 5
- VCU coach Will Wade says surging Rams can't get complacent Jan 21
- Broken finger likely to sideline VCU's Burgess 'a few weeks' Jan 11
- Wade to begin VCU's post-Shaka era with modified 'Havoc' Nov 10
- Wade leaves Chattanooga to return to VCU Apr 7