Florida Atlantic knocks off Arkansas State 78-63Jan 24, 2010 - 3:22 AM BOCA RATON, Fla.(AP) -- Sanchez Hughley scored 17 points to lead four Florida Atlantic players in double figures in a 78-63 victory over Arkansas State on Saturday night.
Greg Gantt scored 16 points, Alex Tucker added 15 and Shavar Richardson had 12 points as the Owls (10-10, 6-3 Sun Belt Conference) won their third straight game.
Florida Atlantic led throughout the second half, pushing its advantage to 54-43 on Gantt's 3-pointer with 9:24 left.
Arkansas State (11-8, 6-2) cut the lead to 56-52 on JeJuan Brown's 3-pointer with 7:35 remaining, but Hughley hit back-to-back 3s for a 62-52 advantage with 6:37 to play.
Hughley was 5-for-6 from beyond the arc.
Tucker had eight assists and Raymond Taylor added five as the Owls had 18 assists to eight turnovers.
Rashad Allison scored 16 points and Martavius Adams had 14 for Arkansas State, which had a four-game winning streak snapped.
- Arkansas State fined, vacates win after apparel violation Apr 13
- Florida State-FAU game delayed twice by problems with basket Dec 19
- Duke barely breaks a sweat in topping FAU Nov 15
- Blue Devils battle Owls in non-coference fray Nov 15
- Zeller, Hoosiers cruise past Florida Atlantic Dec 22
- Owls hope to soar past sixth-ranked Hoosiers Dec 21
- No. 11 North Carolina routs Florida International Nov 11
- Tar Heels and Owls meet to open Maui Invitational action Nov 11
- Murray State remains unbeaten Dec 18
- Red Wolves hit road to challenge undefeated Racers Dec 17
- Hood helps Bulldogs down Owls Dec 14
- 17th-ranked Bulldogs battle Owls in Starkville Dec 13