Wells, Streeter lead The Citadel past Furman 70-60Jan 24, 2010 - 3:13 AM CHARLESTON, S.C.(AP) -- Cameron Wells had 22 points and 12 rebounds and Bryan Streeter added 14 points and 10 boards to help The Citadel knock off Furman 70-60 on Saturday night.
Trailing 42-34 with 14:40 left, the Bulldogs (10-10, 4-4 Southern Conference) went on a 19-2 run over the next 10 minutes to lead 56-44 with 4:44 remaining. The Paladins (9-10, 3-5) could get no closer than eight the rest of the way.
Furman outshot The Citadel 42.9 percent (21-for-49) to 37.7 percent (20-for-53), but the Bulldogs were 8-for-20 from 3-point range and made 22 of 29 free throws. The Citadel outrebounded the Paladins 37-30 and had 18 offensive boards.
Amu Saaka scored 19 points to lead Furman and Colin Reddick added 13 points and three blocks.
Furman, which has lost four of its last five contests, played its second game without Jordan Miller, its second-leading scorer who was injured in practice.
- Citadel hires VMI coach Baucom Mar 30
- Dancing again: Wofford clinches bid Mar 9
- Furman battles Wofford in SoCon championship game Mar 9
- Spartans seek redemption in clash with Bulldogs Dec 22
- No. 4 Duke handles Furman Nov 27
- Fourth-ranked Blue Devils take aim at Paladins Nov 26
- Winter storm postpones Elon at Furman Feb 12
- Davidson vs. Citadel moved to Monday due to storm Feb 11
- Clanton, No. 19 UCF handle Furman Dec 30
- Appalachian State knocks off The Citadel 71-61 Mar 6
- The Citadel tops Samford 55-43 in SoCon tournament Mar 5
- UNC-Greensboro beats Furman 66-65 in SoCon tourney Mar 5