Coastal Carolina defeats Charleston Southern 64-56Jan 24, 2010 - 3:14 AM CHARLESTON, S.C.(AP) -- Joseph Harris scored 22 points to help Coastal Carolina defeat Charleston Southern 64-56 on Saturday night.
The Chanticleers (18-3, 8-1 Big South Conference) led 46-42 with 10:27 to go. They then went 0-for-4 during a stretch of five straight points by the Buccaneers (10-9, 5-4). Kelvin Martin capped the run on a layup with 6:56 left to go to give Charleston Southern a 47-46 lead.
After both teams exchanged leads, Kierre Greenwood made two free throws for Coastal Carolina to tie it at 52-52 with 5:29 remaining.
The Chanticleers then pulled away on a 10-2 run, capped by Harris's layup with 1:05 left.
Greenwood added 14 points for Coastal Carolina, which shot 49 percent from the field (25 of 51).
The Buccaneers were led by Kelvin Martin's 15 points and 14 rebounds. Tom Tankelwicz and Jeremy Sexton each chipped in 11 points for Charleston Southern.
- NCAA BB
COASTL CAROLINA 64
CHARLESTON SOU 56 FINAL
Jan 23 9:16 PM
- NCAA BB
COASTL CAROLINA 30
CHARLESTON SOU 26 HALFTIME
Jan 23 8:24 PM
- Wisconsin eases past Coastal Carolina Mar 21
- Chanticleers face tall task in second-round clash with Badgers Mar 20
- Coastal Carolina tops Winthrop for Big South title Mar 8
- Winthrop meets Coastal Carolina for Big South crown Mar 8
- Colorado State cruises past Charleston Southern Dec 23
- Virginia survives scare from Coastal Carolina Mar 22
- Virginia begins tournament run against Coastal Carolina Mar 21
- Coastal Carolina tops Winthrop for Big South crown Mar 9
- Winthrop challenges Chanticleers for Big South title Mar 9
- Baylor holds off Charleston Southern Nov 21
- Plenty of points expected in bout between Bucs and Bears Nov 20
- Bairstow leads Lobos over Buccaneers Nov 17