IUPUI comes from 11 down to defeat UMKC 65-64Jan 24, 2010 - 4:26 AM KANSAS CITY, Mo.(AP) -- Alex Young made a tie-breaking free throw with 38 seconds remaining, and IUPUI erased an 11-point second-half deficit to beat UMKC 65-64 on Saturday night.
Robert Glenn led the Jaguars (15-7, 8-1 Summit League) with 18 points, and Young had 17.
Jay Couisnard had 22 points and Trey McKinney-Jones 15 for UMKC (9-10, 3-5).
The Kangaroos had possession for all of the time remaining after Young's free throw, but two field-goal tries, both from 3-point range, missed.
Young had six points, and Glenn and Jon Avery had four points each during IUPUI's comeback from a 54-43 deficit with 12:45 remaining. Glenn's layup gave the Jaguars a 61-60 edge with 5:50 to play.
- NCAA BB
UMKC 64 FINAL
Jan 23 10:09 PM
- NCAA BB
UMKC 38 HALFTIME
Jan 23 8:54 PM
- Werner, N. Dakota St. beat IUPUI in Summit tourney quarters Mar 6
- No. 14 Iowa State coasts to win over UMKC Dec 10
- Kangaroos hoping to bounce past 14th-ranked Cyclones Dec 9
- No. 3 Louisville cruises past UMKC Dec 4
- No. 7 Louisville takes on UMKC Dec 4
- Iowa State routs UMKC Nov 25
- Cyclones set sights on Kangaroos Nov 25
- UMKC picks Louisville assistant Richardson Mar 19
- UMKC fires Brown Mar 12
- No. 25 Kansas State holds off UMKC Dec 29
- Wildcats set sights on Kangaroos Dec 29
- Smith leads No. 5 Louisville in rout of UMKC Dec 8