Johnson lifts Louisiana-Lafayette past Troy 69-54Jan 24, 2010 - 4:08 AM LAFAYETTE, La.(AP) -- Tyren Johnson scored 21 points and grabbed nine rebounds as Louisiana-Lafayette defeated Troy 69-54 on Saturday night for its fourth win in five games.
The Ragin' Cajuns (8-11, 5-3 Sun Belt Conference) shot 50 percent (15-for-30) in the first half to take a 37-25 lead and never led by less than seven points in the second half.
They held Brandon Hazzard of the Trojans (10-10, 5-4), who came in as the Sun Belt's leading scorer at 18.3 points per game, to two points on 1-for-8 shooting.
Chris Gradnigo added 17 points for Louisiana-Lafayette, which finished 48.1 percent (26-for-54) from the field to Troy's 35.7 percent (20-for-56) and also outshot the Trojans from the free throw line, 73.3 percent (11-for-15) to 37.5 percent (6-for-16).
Richard Delk, with 19 points, was the only Troy player to score in double figures.
- McDermott scores 30 to power Creighton past Louisiana Mar 21
- Cajuns and Bluejays duke it out in West Region action Mar 21
- Louisiana wins Sun Belt title over Georgia State Mar 16
- Georgia State and Louisiana meet for Sun Belt title Mar 16
- Louisville's offense erupts in rout of Louisiana Dec 7
- Seventh-ranked Cardinals continue run with Cajuns Dec 7
- Chery leads Baylor past Louisiana Nov 17
- Cajuns come calling on 23rd-ranked Bears Nov 17
- Troy names Cunningham new men's basketball coach Mar 26
- Michigan State hangs on against Louisiana Nov 25
- Spartans set sights on Ragin' Cajuns Nov 25
- No. 17 Mississippi State routs Troy Dec 10