Williams and Fogg lead Arizona past ASU 77-58Jan 24, 2010 - 4:59 AM By ANDREW BAGNATO AP Basketball Writer
TEMPE, Ariz.(AP) -- Kyle Fogg scored 21 points, Derrick Williams added 20 and Arizona rallied from an early 10-point deficit to rout Arizona State 77-58 on Saturday night, snapping a five-game skid against its in-state rival.
Nic Wise scored 16 points for the Wildcats (10-9, 4-3 Pac-10).
Rihards Kuksiks scored 15 points for the Sun Devils (14-6, 4-3), who had their four-game winning streak snapped.
After struggling early on against Arizona State's zone, Arizona began pounding the ball inside and scoring almost at will. The Wildcats broke open a tight game with a 13-0 run early in the second half and shot 75 percent (18 of 24) from the floor in the second half.
- Pitts transferring from Arizona May 17
- Arizona guard Allonzo Trier returning for sophomore season Apr 4
- Arizona's Justin Simon transferring after 1 season Mar 28
- Arizona State's Savon Goodman leaves the program Mar 24
- Arizona falters against Wichita State, loses 65-55 Mar 18
- Wichita State ready to keep rolling, faces Arizona Mar 16
- Taylor leads No. 22 Utah over No. 9 Arizona 70-64 Feb 27
- Arizona coach Sean Miller fed up with court storming Feb 25
- Trier misses 3 at buzzer, No. 9 Arizona falls to Colorado Feb 25
- Arizona State's Spight leaves program, will transfer Feb 23
- Arizona's Miller rips into team after loss to No. 23 Oregon Jan 29
- Freshman Trier to miss up to 6 weeks for No. 7 Arizona Jan 10