San Jose State beats New Mexico State, 93-84Jan 24, 2010 - 6:01 AM SAN JOSE, Calif.(AP) -- Mac Peterson scored a career-high 25 points and San Jose State defeated New Mexico State 93-84 in Western Athletic Conference play on Saturday night.
Adrian Oliver added 22 points and five assists. San Jose State (11-8, 4-3) set a season-high for 3-pointers making 12 of 20 (60.0 percent).
Robert Owens scored 15 points and Justin Graham and Chris Oakes added 13 points apiece for the Spartans, who were coming off an 87-76 win over first-place Louisiana Tech on Thursday.
Jahmar Young had a career-high 34 points for New Mexico State (12-8, 5-2), which went into the night tied with Louisiana Tech for the conference lead.
The Aggies held a 56-44 lead early in the second half before the Spartans went runs of 13-0 and 17-5 to take a nine-point led into the final five minutes.
Spartans starting forward C.J. Webster missed his fourth straight game with an injury to his right eye.
- NCAA BB
NEW MEXICO ST 84
SAN JOSE ST 93 FINAL
Jan 24 12:39 AM
- NCAA BB
NEW MEXICO ST 41
SAN JOSE ST 32 HALFTIME
Jan 23 11:20 PM
- New Mexico State's Weir adds Henson as an Aggie adviser May 11
- Correction: New Mexico-San Jose St story Jan 25
- New Mexico State, Wichita State to play makeup game Feb. 15 Jan 18
- New Mexico State pulls in OT, beats Robert Morris 81-71 Nov 25
- Kansas gives Big 12 a lift with rout of New Mexico State Mar 20
- New Mexico State seeks upset of Kansas Mar 20
- New Mexico State cruises past Seattle to win WAC Mar 15
- Aggies go for fourth straight WAC title against Seattle Mar 14
- Colorado State holds off upset-minded New Mexico State Dec 27
- Aggies entertain undefeated Rams Dec 27
- Wichita State rolls past New Mexico State Nov 15
- Aggies open season at 11th-ranked Shockers Nov 14