East Carolina defeats Tulane 61-46Jan 24, 2010 - 11:13 PM NEW ORLEANS(AP) -- Darrius Morrow scored 17 points to lead East Carolina to a 61-46 victory over Tulane, ending the Pirates' five-game losing streak.
Jamar Abrams added 11 points for East Carolina (7-13, 1-5 Conference USA), which also snapped a 10-game conference skid, dating to last season.
East Carolina scored the initial 12 points and held Tulane (6-12, 1-4) scoreless for the first 5:56. The Pirates extended their lead to 25-7 on Jontae Sherrod's 3-pointer with 6:41 remaining.
Tulane shot 21.4 percent from the field (6-for-28) in the first half, but closed to 39-33 with 14:50 left in the game. East Carolina scored 10 consecutive points, six from Morrow, for a 49-33 advantage with 10:54 to play.
East Carolina's Brock Young had eight assists.
Kendall Timmons scored 15 points and Kris Richard added 14 points for Tulane, which shot 24.2 percent from the field (16-for-66).
- Tulane's Dunleavy explains decision to try college now Mar 29
- Ex-NBA coach Dunleavy Sr. takes first college job at Tulane Mar 28
- Tulane AD: Ed Conroy out as Tulane men's basketball coach Mar 14
- No. 20 SMU beats ECU in American QFs Mar 13
- Pirates seek upset of Mustangs in AAC Tournament action Mar 13
- St. John's buries Tulane to continue roll Dec 28
- Tulane challenges No. 17 St. John's Dec 28
- No. 13 UW pulls away from Tulane Dec 23
- Green Wave hoping to hand Huskies first loss of season Dec 22
- No. 12 UNC routs East Carolina Dec 7
- 12th-ranked Tar Heels set sights on Pirates Dec 7
- Hood leads No. 6 Duke over East Carolina Nov 19